Saturday, May 31, 2008

Right Hand Accepted!

Big news! BIG NEWS!!!!

This week, my agent told me that Flux have accepted my novel The Right Hand of Evil, to be published sometime in the next 18 months (late 2009 or early 2010). We were both stunned - it seemed as if they wanted to hold off on offering a contract for a bit, but then they suddenly changed their minds!

I have a fifth novel coming out! Fantastic! Needless to say, I'm excited and happy.

The only downside is that they don't want to use my title. They'd rather another Epoch-like one-word title. I'm a bit disappointed, because I really liked my title and thought it was perfect for the book. Still, that's the nature of the business. I'm sure they'll come up with something good. I'll continue to refer to the book as Right Hand until the new title is revealed.

Title aside, however, this is still a huge leap forward for my writing career. Yay! Double Yay!! Triple Yay!!!

6 comments:

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Congratulations!!!! That is fantastic.

Unknown said...

Excellent news!

Shayne said...

Congratulations, that's awesome news. I can't wait to read it, whatever it's called.

Saints and Spinners said...

Hurrah! That is fantastic. I did appreciate the title because of its LeGuin reference, but let's hope that the new title is nice and punchy.

♥Miya said...

CONGRATS TIM!!! And for what it's worth, I like the title.

Timothy Carter said...

Thank you all very much for your comments. I've got the contract now, so it's all official and in writing. I'm a very happy and excited boy indeed!