Wednesday, May 28, 2008

AnimeNorth 2008 (and Indy Jones)

My weekend at AnimeNorth was a complete success! I sold 12 copies of Epoch, 10 copies of Section K, and my last 4 copies of Attack of the Intergalactic Soul Hunters. I could not be happier with those results.

And to think I didn't believe I'd sell well at an event entirely dedicated to Japanese animation! I was one of very few authors there, so I had very little competition for the novel buyers. I almost didn't get a table, though - there was a bit of a mix-up at the last minute, and they weren't sure where to put me. I had to carry my box of books around with me while I tried to sort it all out - very tiring!

I did four panels, all of them related to writing. They were all well-attended, and my fellow panelists were good speakers. I felt like I really contributed something useful, and that felt great.

The convention itself was quite interesting and fun. At least half the attendees were in costume, and most of those costumes were very elaborate and detailed.

It was a lot of fun, but I was exhausted by the end of it and glad to get back home. I was also glad to be carrying considerably fewer books back with me!

On Monday afternoon I took myself to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Loved it! Very cool movie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that the con was worth your while, and that Indy gets a good review!