Saturday, March 21, 2009

Return of the Evaporating Jobs

Financially speaking, life stinks. Violet and I have both experienced the evaporating job syndrome in the last couple of weeks, and our situation is turning desperate.

No, Violet did not get the Home Depot job. It seemed like an absolute sure thing two weeks ago, especially since the manager had worked with Violet at another Home Depot location. Still, for reasons they wouldn't divulge, they said no.

I was to have started another temp assignment this week, but on Monday I was told the client simply decided not to bother. The week before that, another sure-fire assignment "was filled internally". I did have an interview this week with Sandwichbox; it went okay, but they asked me if I felt I was overqualified for the position. I'll know what their decision is this week.

It's hard to stay positive, but I'm trying. Please send Violet and I your best wishes as we fight the recession into the last week of March.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this Tim!

I will certainly be wishing you both the best during this trying time.