Thursday, February 5, 2009

2009 Update

I was hoping that this year would be a dramatic improvement over last year, but the dramatic turnaround at Casa Carter hasn't happened yet. I'm back to my usual unemployment woes, and the fact that I'm jobless during the start of the Second Great Depression doesn't exactly encourage me. I went from trying to figure out what kind of job I want to have to scrambling to get my hands on anything. The temp agencies have told me things are really quiet, and most job leads I follow simply don't bother to return my emails. Trying to stay positive has been hard.

Still, at least my writing hasn't suffered. I'm up to chapter 22 of Kids Who Know, and feel really good about how it is turning out. I'm also devising another Middle-Grade novel, using one of my favourite unpublished characters. I've written five books with this character, and have high hopes for the series if I can just get the first book sold. They are fun for me to write, and right now fun is what I need.

No comments: