Sunday, September 9, 2007

Creative Blahs

I haven't been having a very creative weekend so far, and it's almost over. I've been feeling a bit blocked, and not at all sure why. My new book, Kids Who Know, was going so well, and then I seemed to hit a wall. That's been happening far too often this year for my liking. Money stress and creative output do not mix well.

Still, I'm up to five chapters on Kids Who Know, and I also added another couple of chapters to Cupidity. I'm also typing up what I've written so far of The 25 Demons You Meet In Hell. Maybe I just need to jump from project to project this year. If that's what keeps me going, then so be it.

I had a nice family get-together today. My aunt Anne turned 75 (or she will on Tuesday), so a large number of family got together to celebrate. Whenever I attend these family events, I always spend most of my time with my cousins' kids. I just love kids. Especially them. After all, they (and others like them) are the ones I'm trying to reach with my novels (most of them, anyway). That, and I'm a big kid myself.

I'm going to set a goal for myself this week - two chapters of Kids Who Know, written by the time I come home from work on Friday. I'll post again then to let you all know I succeeded.

2 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

I don't know anything about "The 25 Demons You Meet in Hell," but the title alone makes me laugh.

Timothy Carter said...

Thanks, Alkelda. The basic plot summary (and all I'm willing to give away at this point) is that a high school bully dies and goes to Hell, and finds that Hell is more of a spiritual rehabilitation centre. Just one of my many nutty ideas!