Tuesday, June 24, 2008

TransFormerCon!

I had a really fun weekend at my favourite convention - TransFormerCon! Every year, enthusiasts of the 80's toy line gather at the Doubletree International Plaza to sell off their collections, buy new additions to those collections, and just hang around like-minded people who can't get enough of those Robots In Disguise.

I've rented a table at the last four cons, and don't have much of a collection left. Okay, I still have about 50 Transformers, most of them standing on my new computer desk. They are cool toys. Yes, I'm a geek, but I'm a happy geek.

I also sold five copies of Epoch, and two copies of Section K! Plus, I was interviewed by a photographer from the Etobicoke Guardian. That was fun. I gave her a copy of Epoch and asked her to pass it along to their book reviewer, so hopefully I'll get another review out of this.

I sold a lot of toys, but didn't make all that much money. All my really valuable items I sold off in the last three years. Still, I earned enough to rent a table at Polaris 22, a sci-fi convention happening 3 weeks from now. And I got a few toys. I had to. But I showed a lot more restraint this year than last year.

Fun stuff.

No comments: