Saturday, April 19, 2008

I Will Do Better

Today I feel a lot more like my old self. I slept in a bit, played a PS2 game (Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick), had hot dogs for lunch and watched an episode of Doctor Who. I'm feeling ready to get back in the game and do some serious writing!

And maybe I'll do a little rewriting while I'm at it. I typed up my synopsis for Cupidity, and realized it's been about two months since I finished Cupidity and The 5 Demons You Meet In Hell. Both are more than due for a read-through, followed by a solid rewrite to get them to the stage where I can show them to people. I'd hope that, when I get the good news about The Right Hand of Evil, I could prepare 5 Demons to be the book that follows it. That would be sweet.

I feel like I've been stuck in a river heading toward a waterfall these last few months. No, work wasn't that bad, I just felt bad while I was there. Basically, I'm tired of office jobs, where I'm expected to produce a certain amount of tedious work on an hourly basis. I want a job where I'm not expected to be a machine. I had that for a while at the Manulife mailroom - if I can get something like that again, I'll be financially secure and relatively happy.

In the meantime, I'll keep writing. My time being blocked ends now.

No comments: