Saturday, May 30, 2009

May Wrap-Up

May is coming to a close this weekend, for which I am glad. It's been a great month for movies (Wolverine, Star Trek and Terminator Salvation all rocked), but a very bad one for finances. My telephone survey job ended much earlier than expected, and nothing else has come up (and not for lack of trying). I had an interview for a call centre job last week, but they went with someone who could speak Spanish. I just can't compete with that!

The stress of the situation has affected me terribly, and my writing has suffered. Since finishing Kids Who Know, I've only been able to complete one chapter of my next novel (tentatively titled A Walk-In To Remember). I also had to skip another convention, and thus another chance to promote EVIL?, because I couldn't afford to go.

I did get another royalty cheque. It seems just over 300 copies of EPOCH sold between July and December of last year. I'll be able to put that amount into a round of grocery shopping.

June holds plenty of promise. If I can just land a job and start paying down my debt, the stress will ease off and I'll be able to get creative again. Plus, the new Transformers movie comes out this month! It's good to have something fun to look forward to.

Fear not, readers. All is not lost, and I'm doing the best I can.

1 comment:

Saints and Spinners said...

You're doing something challenging and worthwhile. It's rough when the finances don't support that. We're dealing with those things on our end too. Gah. I'm sending good thoughts for more good news. Hurrah for royalty cheques!