Sunday, January 14, 2007

BeginninGame

What ho, everyone. My name is Timothy Carter, and this is my very first blog. This internet stuff is pretty new to me - heck, I only just got off my dial-up account in favour of high-speed. And I still, on occasion, listen to tape cassettes.

But here I am. In the 21st century, even if kicking and screaming. So who am I, and why am I taking up valuable space on the web? I am a writer and novelist, just starting out in the book publishing game, and I've been told that these blog thingies are a good way to promote my stuff. With that in mind, let me fill you in on what I'm selling.

Novels, Rollcall!

Attack of the Intergalactic Soul Hunters
My first novel, published in October 2005 by Llewellyn International. This middle-grade book (ages 8-12) is about a couple of geeky kids who discover that in a past life, they had been intergalactic heroes. Villains from that past life track them to Earth, and the hunt is on!

Closets
Published online by SynergEbooks, this one is also a middle-grade title. Two kids battle the monsters that come out of their closets, using blankets for armour (monsters can't bite through blankets) and flashlights for weapons (because monsters fear the light).

Epoch
Coming July 2007 from Llewellyn International, this one is for the YA crowd, and it's a comedy/fantasy about the end of the world. Vincent Drear, a fourteen-year-old boy, learns the world will be cleansed in order to pave the way for the next epoch. All of humanity must exit the planet by way of several portals that are supposed to have appeared all over the planet. However, those portals are nowhere to be found. Vincent and his closest friends and even his bitterest enemies must find the portals and escape the planet before it is too late.

Section K
Due early March from Burningeffigy Press, this is my first novel for adults. Basically, it is Canada's answer to Men In Black (or the X-Files). A drunk and a womanizer are agents for Section K, the RCMP section that deals with all things paranormal. When people start getting the number 666 on their heads, the agents investigate and discover a plot involving aliens, cults and ghosts. If left unchecked, it could bring about the end of the world.

I'll go into more depth with those books in a future blog. Basically, you can see the kind of stuff I like to write - fantasies and comedies. I write mainly for kids, as that is where my strengths lie, but I do grown up stories when the right ideas present themselves. On this blog I will discuss my writing process, the writing life, what I am working on now and what I hope to be involved with in the future. I look forward to sharing these posts with you, and I hope you enjoy reading them.

Thank you and goodnight.

- Timothy Carter

1 comment:

Little sausage said...

Sci-fi fanatic indeed. After writing for kids, how difficult did you find it switching audiences?